Sophie's Chocolate Chip Cookies
A tried and true favorite from The Cookie Jar
Write a review
- 3/4 cup butter flavor Crisco
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 12oz pkg semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Combine shortening (Crisco), brown sugar, milk, and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed with electric mixer until creamy. Beat egg into creamed mixture. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, salt, and baking soda. Beat dry ingredients into creamed mixture until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop batter by rounded teaspoons on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Makes about 3 dozen
Susan Behon http://susanbehon.com/